Covid-19

General science/tech/society news, everything not directly related to computer hardware/software.

Moderator: Moderators

daglesj
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Re: Covid-19

Post by daglesj »

Man that interview was amazing. Seeing him literally panic as his BS was called out time after time.

I hope other interviewers smell the blood in the water. :sweet:
The spec of my PC? 5960X @ 4.4GHz / Asus X-99A MB / 32GB Quad DDR4 3200 / PM961 NVMe / RX 480 / RM650X / Artic Cooling 240 AIO / iFi Nano Black Label DAC
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

These are the people running schools in the US? JFC
Water cooled clay
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

Respect to Vietnam:
Libera te tutemet ex inferis
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

thegrommit wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:04 pm These are the people running schools in the US? JFC
This is child endangerment 8-O

This is the kind of thing that should get federal law enforcement attention during a pandemic. This is not a matter of opinion, but of putting students and their families lives in danger.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Shot:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... imir-putin
Russia has approved a controversial Covid-19 vaccine for widespread use after less than two months of human testing, including a dose administered to one of Vladimir Putin’s daughters.
Chaser:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -sputnik-v
Tests on volunteers, including in the military, also raised ethical issues, including whether some had been pressurised to participate or felt pressured not to describe side effects, given the difference in responses given by those in the military and by civilians.

Now comes the problem of pushing ahead with mass production in the absence of completed phase 3 trials.
TL:DR - all drugs typically require extensive Phase 3 trials to determine efficacy and safety.

Postscript:

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/a ... an-vaccine
Many will have heard Russia’s announcement that they have approved a coronavirus vaccine. I’ve already had several people ask me what I think of it, so let me be clear: I think it’s a ridiculous publicity stunt. If it’s supposed to make Russia look like some sort of biotechnology powerhouse, then as far as I’m concerned it does the opposite. It makes them look desperate, like the nation-state equivalent of a bunch of penny-stock promoters.
Water cooled clay
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

thegrommit wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:32 pm Postscript:

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/a ... an-vaccine
Many will have heard Russia’s announcement that they have approved a coronavirus vaccine. I’ve already had several people ask me what I think of it, so let me be clear: I think it’s a ridiculous publicity stunt. If it’s supposed to make Russia look like some sort of biotechnology powerhouse, then as far as I’m concerned it does the opposite. It makes them look desperate, like the nation-state equivalent of a bunch of penny-stock promoters.
This blog is excellent, I've read it before. You can learn a lot on how medicine development actually works.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!

W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

impar wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 am Greetings!

Bringing Sputnik 5 to the launch pad :hypnodisk: :lol: :hoghappy: :lol: :hoghappy: :lol: :hypnodisk:
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

This is how to do an anonymized contact exposure app:
The Canadian Civil Liberties Association has a balanced discussion on it too: https://ccla.org/contact-tracing-app/
Water cooled clay
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!

W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11