General distractions & off-topic posts

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Re: JTS LXXIII - and so it came to pass, never forget to SMAP

Post by shadow » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:51 am

No worries, they tank doesn't have any shells. :D
People trying to convince themselves the ps5 is better remind me of the Xbox One launch :p

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:49 pm

shadow wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:51 am
No worries, they tank doesn't have any shells. :D
He usually rams it, and the bridge has no way to dodge :hoghappy:
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Post by shadow » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Tabajara wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:49 pm
That joke died with the bridge, fortunately. They replaced it with a much newer one that seems a lot less likely to ice over.
People trying to convince themselves the ps5 is better remind me of the Xbox One launch :p

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:03 pm

shadow wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:17 pm
Tabajara wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:49 pm
That joke died with the bridge, fortunately. They replaced it with a much newer one that seems a lot less likely to ice over.
As long as you lived, let the bridge die :mrgreen:
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Seems buying a used Tesla is not a good idea:

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-remotely-rem ... 1841472617
One of the less-considered side effects of car features moving from hardware to software is that important features and abilities of a car can now be removed without any actual contact with a given car. Where once de-contenting involved at least a screwdriver (or, if you were in a hurry, a hammer), now thousands of dollars of options can vanish with the click of a mouse somewhere. And that’s exactly what happened to one Tesla owner, and, it seems many others.
Water cooled clay

impar

Post by impar » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 am

Greetings!

W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 275GB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:08 am

thegrommit wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:03 pm

One of the less-considered side effects of car features moving from hardware to software is that important features and abilities of a car can now be removed without any actual contact with a given car. Where once de-contenting involved at least a screwdriver (or, if you were in a hurry, a hammer), now thousands of dollars of options can vanish with the click of a mouse somewhere. And that’s exactly what happened to one Tesla owner, and, it seems many others.
I read the whole thing plus the associate reddit and I feel the reseller isn't being completely honest about the car features as stated from Tesla when he got the car. The jalopnik article was also updated to state that the feature was already removed before the sale to the end costumer, which knew something was on.

I'll quote a Reddit post that got it right:
I think this is complicated and everything rests on whether or not the Monroney sticker that Tesla had on the car is a binding and if the auction house should have simply recycled that sticker. It was probably an oversight by the auction house as they did not purchase the options therefore making the sticker obsolete.

Would be less of a problem if Tesla updated the car faster but STILL a problem since even if they did, the sticker that the auction house used would have been inaccurate. The exact purchase agreement, listing all charges/options would be found in the motor vehicle purchase agreement between Tesla and the auction house.

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Tabajara wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:08 am
thegrommit wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:03 pm

I read the whole thing plus the associate reddit and I feel the reseller isn't being completely honest about the car features as stated from Tesla when he got the car. The jalopnik article was also updated to state that the feature was already removed before the sale to the end costumer, which knew something was on.
The point is that Tesla can remove a feature that came with the car. I could understand if it was a service you subscribed to, but not something that was on the car at some point (Tesla's audit result acknowledges as much).
Water cooled clay

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:34 pm

impar wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:40 am
Greetings!

I was wondering why you were posting a video of how to make an IED. And then I watched it. Those old Nokia's are tough =D>
Water cooled clay

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Post by shadow » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:02 pm

Damn. Winter finally feeling cold. Brr. Least it’s like three months late.