JTS LXXIII - and so it came to pass, never forget to SMAP

General distractions & off-topic posts

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Re: JTS LXXIII - and so it came to pass, never forget to SMAP

Post by shadow » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Heh. I'd feel bad about DCU being shite but I've had enough of Batman properties to last the rest of my life.
People trying to convince themselves the ps5 is better remind me of the Xbox One launch :p

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm

shadow wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm
Heh. I'd feel bad about DCU being s*** but I've had enough of Batman properties to last the rest of my life.

You will be allowed out of your room only after you read "The Dark Knight" and "Batman: year one" again |xox|

And come on, man, Margot Robbie...

You have watched "The Wolf of Wall Street", haven't you? If you haven't, go watch it, it is a very good movie. Mrs. Robbie alone is worth the ticket.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Post by shadow » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 pm

I just don't watch much anymore. Most of it is pointless. Some of it is fun and pointless.
People trying to convince themselves the ps5 is better remind me of the Xbox One launch :p

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:10 am

shadow wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:44 pm
I just don't watch much anymore. Most of it is pointless. Some of it is fun and pointless.
Life is pointless if you don't love your work and don't have fun with simple pleasures. :hypnodisk:

We are just stardust that got cognizant for a brief instant in time.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Post by shadow » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:54 am

Who's got the time? I'm still busy Slaying the Spire!

(or trying to and dying repeatedly)

(plus I've been pretty broke, though my fortunes have improved noticably.)

shadow
nForce Padawan
nForce Padawan

Post by shadow » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:15 am

Seriously though, about the only things I go to theaters for are Fast and Furious or John Wick. Most of the time I'm happy to watch stuff at home with a rental otherwise, or wait for it to show up on TV.

My friends used to always push me into going to Marvel movies and I don't even care about most of em, even if GotG and Doctor Strange were fun.

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:39 pm

shadow wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:15 am
Seriously though, about the only things I go to theaters for are Fast and Furious or John Wick. Most of the time I'm happy to watch stuff at home with a rental otherwise, or wait for it to show up on TV.

My friends used to always push me into going to Marvel movies and I don't even care about most of em, even if GotG and Doctor Strange were fun.
I don't go to theaters much either, as a father of young children and someone with a demanding job. The last movie I watched at a theater was Frozen 2 with the whole family.

But you can find most movies through streaming this days, some through rental. And have it as a cheaper and sometimes more enjoyable experience.

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 pm

I still go to the cinema for movies where I don't want to be spoiled beforehand. Anything else is consigned to a Tuesday when tickets are half price, or streaming. The regular cinema experience just isn't worth the hassle otherwise.
Water cooled clay

sensai
nFHQ DC Team
nFHQ DC Team

Post by sensai » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm

I think the last movie I saw in a theater was a Star Wars movie.

A New Hope.

My 290X is dead, Jim.

jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Already went 7 times this year :-s

Truth be told I enjoy less and less going - ticket prices keep increasing, and still getting lots of ads before and during the break. I only go so often because I have a 2 for 1 deal with my credit card.
No sig due to budget cuts.