Crysis Remastered

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Re: Crysis Remastered

Post by shadow »

Apparently even the pc version is poorly optimized. *sigh* sorry Crytek, we’ve moved on.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performanc ... -game/amp/
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
daglesj
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by daglesj »

Yeah that's a really bad rookie error.

I guess their development machines are still all Core2Duo but with 2080TI cards installed. :roll: :lol:
The spec of my PC? 5960X @ 4.4GHz / Asus X-99A MB / 32GB Quad DDR4 3200 / PM961 NVMe / RX 480 / RM650X / Artic Cooling 240 AIO / iFi Nano Black Label DAC
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

daglesj wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:39 am I guess their development machines are still all Core2Duo but with 2080TI cards installed. :roll: :lol:
Scales to 4C/8T at least, so it's a little better... :P
Libera te tutemet ex inferis
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

If they do get a Vulkan renderer up maybe it'll be worth a look.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
daglesj
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by daglesj »

powerarmour wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:33 pm
daglesj wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:39 am I guess their development machines are still all Core2Duo but with 2080TI cards installed. :roll: :lol:
Scales to 4C/8T at least, so it's a little better... :P
Hmmm not from the articles I was reading. :-k Still struggled past 2 according to them.
The spec of my PC? 5960X @ 4.4GHz / Asus X-99A MB / 32GB Quad DDR4 3200 / PM961 NVMe / RX 480 / RM650X / Artic Cooling 240 AIO / iFi Nano Black Label DAC
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

TL;DR - It's a fair review, it does still have threading issues related to the engine which are inherent, but it has a lot of improved visual quality too over the original (and a few regressions).
It's still a good game though y'know. |xox|
daglesj wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:24 pm Hmmm not from the articles I was reading. :-k Still struggled past 2 according to them.
It's predominantly single threaded, but unlike the original the AI isn't ticked to the main thread so it is a bit more consistent.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... ech-review
We'll be talking about the console versions in a separate article - principally because we're informed that a performance patch for Xbox One and Xbox One X will address key issues we have with the game, as mentioned on launch day. Having seen pre-release Xbox One X code operating at a better level of performance than the final release, we retain some level of optimism here. With PC, we find ourselves highly conflicted about the game. On the one hand, Crysis Remastered pushes technology forward in some remarkable ways, but on the other, it's clear that the whole enterprise is based on the legacy CryEngine 3 versions released way back in 2011 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. With that comes compromises to the art that are objectionable, but more crucially, there's a reliance on single-thread performance that means that it's almost impossible to run this port at a locked 60 frames per second - even on a Core i9 10900K, the fastest gaming CPU on the market today.
Yes, I bolded that...

This is a parody right? A parody of a remaster?

I was excited about this heh.
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

TL;DR - Two separate dev teams did the console versions, so they're noticeable differences.
The Switch version being based on the original PC code for example.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Guess it should be worth something now. Or soon.
https://wccftech.com/crysis-remastered- ... ments/amp/
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

With the sale on EGS and my Epic Coupon that would've expired on the first I got it for $10.

I assume I'll try it today but I'm still not too excited about it.