Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by shadow »

I know I'm the only one who cares about this game, but it is far better than I expected it to be after Wildlands.

Seriously though Breakpoint in DX11 sucks. When I accidentally launch it from Epic instead of Uplay it doesn't give me the Vulkan option.

I guess we're past the point where DX11 renderers don't even make sense anymore unless its a small game.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by thegrommit »

I tried the open beta, and while the combat seemed fine, the driving was terrible - especially given how much time you're doing that. The driving experience was why I gave up on Wildlands, and nothing seems to have changed there.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

thegrommit wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:48 pm I tried the open beta, and while the combat seemed fine, the driving was terrible - especially given how much time you're doing that. The driving experience was why I gave up on Wildlands, and nothing seems to have changed there.
I haven't noticed any problems with that in Breakpoint. It was terrible at times in Wildlands, no argument there.

Most of my time is spent either hiking it, fast travelling or using a chopper but I've spent plenty of time on a dirtbike or car as well.

I recommend the free trial if you've got the time.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Hmm, looks like AI teammates are coming to the game:

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en ... breakpoint

I'll be interested to hear how this works out, as this was one feature I missed from classic GR.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

thegrommit wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:27 am Hmm, looks like AI teammates are coming to the game:

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en ... breakpoint

I'll be interested to hear how this works out, as this was one feature I missed from classic GR.
They worked really well in Wildlands (I was playing Breakpoint with the Echelon class which made it easy to stealth most places.)

And I think the improved driving was backported to Wildlands as well going by my last plays of that.

Anyway, I'm not here. As you probably noticed. *vanishes*
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Picked this up cheap after the introduction of "ghost experience" got rid of the gear score mechanics. Had some fun times in co-op sneaking around sniping everything. Tried the raid and had a hilarious bug where one of our party was invisible to NPC's, including the boss, but could damage them :lol:

Have now moved onto Wildlands and I can see why people prefer the older game. It has a wider variety of activities, and a more alive feeling open world. Driving still sucks, but I don't have to do it often in co-op.
Water cooled clay