Xbox Series X/S

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Re: Xbox Series X/S

Post by thegrommit »

Prey was fantastic on PC, so seeing the load times on previous-gen consoles was %-()

Water cooled clay
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

That looks painful :lol:

Should probably give it (Prey) another try - I played quite a bit a while ago, but after a while I kept dying - I think the game is not very well suited for stealth play, and/or I just had a crappy build for my character :-k
No sig due to budget cuts.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Huh, I hadn't realized that "FPS Boost" is something Microsoft did, not the developers:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-fps-boost
FPS Boost delivers a fast and easy way to bring higher framerates to existing Xbox One games on next-generation hardware without the additional development resources required for a formal Xbox Series X|S Optimized patch. It makes older titles automatically run smoother on the new systems, delivering a massive upgrade over standard backward compatibility
I guess this is in line with Microsoft's emphasis on backwards compatibility, both on console and Windows.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

thegrommit wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 pm Huh, I hadn't realized that "FPS Boost" is something Microsoft did, not the developers:

I guess this is in line with Microsoft's emphasis on backwards compatibility, both on console and Windows.
Yeah they've also done the Auto HDR which is now coming to PC and huge resolution boosts for older games (even from the original Xbox) that got Xbox One X enhanced. Feels a lot more like PC gaming where you can buy new hardware to get better experiences on older games.

I don't usually play older titles much on consoles so they're overall not as big a thing for me, but it's still pretty neat. Prey is one I might still get into.
jpr wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:41 pm That looks painful :lol:

Should probably give it (Prey) another try - I played quite a bit a while ago, but after a while I kept dying - I think the game is not very well suited for stealth play, and/or I just had a crappy build for my character :-k
I think it's a matter of using whatever weapons you have effectively, like the goop gun if you're incapable of killing something or whatever. I wasn't very good either but I want to go back sooner or later.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

shadow wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:11 pm
jpr wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:41 pm That looks painful :lol:

I think it's a matter of using whatever weapons you have effectively, like the goop gun if you're incapable of killing something or whatever. I wasn't very good either but I want to go back sooner or later.
If anything, the goop gun aids stealth as it can be used to build alternate paths around trouble, or neutralize electric hazards in your path.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

I probably won't be able to get a Series machine anytime soon even now that I can easily afford one. Almost got lucky with an S today but no go.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

I lied woo! I have an Xbox Series S coming! I can keep the One X and trade both in at some future point.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

The S isn't a bad machine overall but I'll definitely miss my X enhanced gaming.

I'll be trading in my One X and Switch next so that when there is a Series X available I can jump on it.

Transferring games that have Series versions to the new machine is pointless as it basically redownloads the whole damn game, but oh well. So far other than that no complaints.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Download speeds being relatively slow is the weirdest nonsense as well.

I have to assume it'll be fixed eventually.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-u ... post/59775
Launching with the Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 on June 8, Console Enhanced allows ESO to run natively on the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, harnessing the horsepower of new-generation console tech to dramatically improve the game’s visual fidelity and performance on those machines. All new ESO players can access Console Enhanced immediately upon purchasing, and for existing customers, it is available as a free upgrade.
I don't think we have a 'current gen platforms' thread heh. Would be silly to do this and not have a DX12 port coming to PC so I wonder when that'll be announced.