Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Xbox Series X/S

Post by shadow »

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-u ... ame-awards

I mean uhh.....what :lol:
In a surprise reveal, Microsoft today gave a first look at the next-generation Xbox console at The Game Awards 2019 show. Phil Spencer stepped out on stage to unveil the Xbox Series X, confirming both the new name and the look of the upcoming device.
Needs more Xes :lol:
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Re: Xbox Series X?

Post by powerarmour »

Libera te tutemet ex inferis
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!
Yes, you can use the new Xbox Series X horizontally

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2019/12/1 ... cal-design
W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11
daglesj
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by daglesj »

Looks the business hardware wise but as I missed the current gen...I now feel I can go without. The 360 was great (if noisy) for the early streaming services but as I can now buy a FireTV stick for like £30 to do all that and more ...

No mention of TV, TV and more TV either... :lol:
The spec of my PC? 5960X @ 4.4GHz / Asus X-99A MB / 32GB Quad DDR4 3200 / PM961 NVMe / RX 480 / RM650X / Artic Cooling 240 AIO / iFi Nano Black Label DAC
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

daglesj wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 am Looks the business hardware wise but as I missed the current gen...I now feel I can go without. The 360 was great (if noisy) for the early streaming services but as I can now buy a FireTV stick for like £30 to do all that and more ...

No mention of TV, TV and more TV either... :lol:
Yeah if you're not a gamer there's no point to these consoles, heh. Though it does work better than a lot of stuff for Dolby Atmos content, that's available in some streaming stuff now too.

And yeah, that wasn't a thing on the Xbox One X either. Hell, as I've said before, everything they've done has been pretty ace since Phil Spencer took over. Except maybe this name. :lol:
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

The reveal:

The Xbox One Series X: bad name, good design
The Cybertruck of game consoles
By Dieter [email protected] Dec 13, 2019, 7:00am EST

Microsoft dropped a surprise last night — we got our first look at the upcoming Xbox and learned its name: Microsoft’s next Xbox is Xbox Series X, coming holiday 2020. I’m not sold on the name, but I think I am sold on the shape: instead of a VCR-like traditional console, it’s a square tower. You can use the new Xbox Series X horizontally, thankfully, so there is a better chance you’ll be able to fit it inside whatever home entertainment console you have.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/12/13/210 ... eat-design

The Cybertruck of game consoles is an excellent definition :lol:
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Tabajara wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 pm The Cybertruck of game consoles is an excellent definition :lol:
Considering what we're expecting the PS5 to look like I much prefer this. Either way they're likely to have a lot more heat than older consoles so thin boxes probably aren't gonna happen.
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

Could be a ~250W console by the looks of it.
Though the OG PS3 was a 200W box and that wasn't that big, so it can be done.
Libera te tutemet ex inferis
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

shadow wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 pm
Tabajara wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 pm The Cybertruck of game consoles is an excellent definition :lol:
Considering what we're expecting the PS5 to look like I much prefer this. Either way they're likely to have a lot more heat than older consoles so thin boxes probably aren't gonna happen.
Hey, I happen to like the Cybertruck :hoghappy:

That was the point of the author, it's a box defined by functionality, made to be as powerful as a PC game machine. Nobody is saying this, but to me it feels like the Mac Pro Cube and Cylinder aesthetics applied to a game machine:

Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

powerarmour wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:25 pm Could be a ~250W console by the looks of it.
Though the OG PS3 was a 200W box and that wasn't that big, so it can be done.
Xbox One X probably uses as much power, but the CPU wasn't exactly top of the line. I expect they're designing not for the expected heat of the box, but for the sustained heat these things tend to go through with heavy gaming.

At least for the original shipment, the X1X has the capacity to overheat in some situations...it's not usually a problem but there have been times I've wondered if I should be altering its cooling.