Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Re: Xbox Series X/S

Post by shadow »

Well, my impressions after plenty of time with a Series S:

Series optimized titles run excellently. On par with and sometimes better than what I expect from a PC build. I've got a bit over 30 at the moment and can't wait for more. Sometimes you'll notice the lack of detail in spots on the Series S of course, but at least it's not too common.

Obviously, it's not perfect. It plays One S games with better filtering and FSAA and no framerate issues, so that's cool, but I prefer the detail from the One X Enhanced versions. I can't be a**** to trade in my One X yet even though I probably should...without any Series Xes around anyway I'm not sure when or to whom I want to anyway.

Everything loads fast, naturally. Quick Resume on the Series S feels kinda pointless. It's cool that it's there and nice when it does much. I guess with me playing a lot of coop/connected titles I'm not getting much out of it.

Outriders plays great. Optimized Ubisoft games (that I have on console, so Watch Dogs: Legion and Division 2 for now) play excellent and feel like the better showcases for the current gen overall. I prefer playing Div 2 on here to my PC, though I've pretty much played through it already.

There are still a few One games I used to play that look kind of awful. Still better than they did on the One but meh. On the plus side, it's pretty rare.

I haven't tried FPS Boost yet since it's only enabled on a few games I haven't been playing so far.

Auto HDR is still excellent, even though a lot of the stuff I load up has it already.

I've switched between consoles and PC plenty post X360 but I never really considered it possible that I'd prefer the consoles for nearly everything. The next few years are going to be interesting.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Oh yeah, and I haven't loaded up Gears 5 yet because I'm waiting on the XSX...supposedly it looks excellent.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Alright finally did trade in my X1X since at least one store here will give you a decent amount of cash. :winky:

Course they'll turn around and resell it for twice as much with everything new barely existing, but hey.

Now then...onward!
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

https://www.neowin.net/news/fps-boost-a ... series-xs/
See the complete list of newly FPS Boosted games below:

Battlefield 1
Battlefield 4
Battlefield V
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
STAR WARS Battlefront
STAR WARS Battlefront II
Titanfall
Titanfall 2
Unravel 2
Sea of Solitude
I'm not the biggest fan of most of these franchises but I'd like to try it on Catalyst and the Titanfall games eventually.

Looks like mostly its pushing things from 60 to 120 though and I don't have a 120hz TV. Not interested yet, I'm sure I'll look into it for my next TV.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Meh even if I did end up resorting to scalpers I should have a Series X coming. Tired of waiting when I'd always hoped to have one by the end of April.

Trading in the Series S and probably my Switch too once it gets here.