Moderator: Moderators

Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Re: Playstation 5

Post by Tabajara » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:16 pm

shadow wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm
Anyway, I have to head out. It's an interesting market right now. Everything MS has done since Phil Spencer took over has been solid. Sony was already solid. I may or may not get a PS5, but right now I think I'll let the early buyers and software sort themselves out beforehand.
You are getting wise, Mr. Maritime Canine :mrgreen:
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:

powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:46 pm

shadow wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm
Sort of? Playstations GNM has seemed like it was why the PS4 Pro was made the way it was. I don't know if they're supporting Vulkan or not, but last I heard that was a no.
Yep no Vulkan (no need, it's more PC/mobile centric tbh), Gnm is low-level anyway:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStati ... m_software

Gnm is just really an evolution to LibGCM on the PS3, which in turn evolved from PSGL on the PS2 (though the PS2 was mainly bare-metal native like the PS1).
I still find the PS2 to be fascinating in terms of it's performance, it could really punch above it's weight. 8)
Libera te tutemet ex inferis

shadow
nLightened
nLightened

Post by shadow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:27 pm

powerarmour wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:46 pm
Yep no Vulkan (no need, it's more PC/mobile centric tbh), Gnm is low-level anyway:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStati ... m_software

Gnm is just really an evolution to LibGCM on the PS3, which in turn evolved from PSGL on the PS2 (though the PS2 was mainly bare-metal native like the PS1).
I still find the PS2 to be fascinating in terms of it's performance, it could really punch above it's weight. 8)
That's cool. Admittedly I know little about GNM. We'll see how everything goes, I was obviously not impressed with the PS4P. Some good games to play, then I sold it off.

I'm already likely permanently on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate anyway, so don't want to add PS+ or Nintendos whatever subscription either.
This planet ain't big enough for the both of us!