Google Stadia

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Re: Google Stadia

Post by shadow »

Tabajara wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:55 am Game Pass makes sense the same way PS+ does, it gives you a game library on the cheap. What doesn't is a subscription for every studio. MS and Sony own several studios and have games from other studios as well.
I'm not disagreeing with you really, but Ubisofts collection is unique and extensive. I already own the ones I want from it though so their sub would be a hard sell for me.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

shadow wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 am
Tabajara wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:55 am Game Pass makes sense the same way PS+ does, it gives you a game library on the cheap. What doesn't is a subscription for every studio. MS and Sony own several studios and have games from other studios as well.
I'm not disagreeing with you really, but Ubisofts collection is unique and extensive. I already own the ones I want from it though so their sub would be a hard sell for me.
Yes, is a new game at full price every 3 months, it's not worth it even if you consider new content at full price.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

So I finally tried Stadia. Didn't play too much for now, but I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised..! :o

I like that Chrome is the client - gamepad support was very good out of the box with an 8Bitdo SN30 Pro+. The interface itself is easy to navigate and use.

The performance is really nice - really feels like local play, I'm quite amazed, really. I would prefer not to have yet another game library (GF Now seems better in that respect), and while I wouldn't say I'm converted to game streaming, I certainly no longer will talk s*** about it =D>
No sig due to budget cuts.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

I feel like it'll make the most sense once they get their Stadia for Google TV stuff figured out instead of relying on discontinued hardware.

Not that I mind playing from my PC, it just seems unnecessary.

Right now I'm just playing through Submerged: Hidden Depths on it while I try to decide if I really want it in my life yet. Certainly don't need it but it's nice to just load a website and play.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

https://kotaku.com/google-stadia-shuts- ... 1846146761
Google will continue to operate the Stadia gaming service and its $10 monthly Stadia Pro service. It’s unclear how many, if any, exclusive games will still come to the service, though the company has indicated that it can still sign new games. It nevertheless will look to many like a draw down of the plan to have Stadia run as a bona fide competitor to console platforms.
Water cooled clay
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

Ah, there it is. What was it, 2 years? {8()+
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

jpr wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:57 pm Ah, there it is. What was it, 2 years? {8()+
~14 months :lol:
Libera te tutemet ex inferis
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

Tabajara wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:33 pm
powerarmour wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:26 pm I'd imagine Google Stadia runs beautifully on their own internal network. :P

Always going to be tough streaming modern 'latency tight' games over the internet, though as mentioned some kind of massive scale RTS leveraging all the benefits of the cloud would be incredible. It needs it's own type of games really.
Google will shelve it before a game that leverages the benefits of the cloud appears. A game like that should have been a launch title. Stadia date of death: January 2021.
Almost got it right :hoghappy:
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

To be fair the service is still working - they just won't create any games for it. I must admit it worked better than expected when I tried it, enough to convince me that this "game streaming fad" is here to stay :-k
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!
Google promises 100 games coming to Stadia in 2021

https://www.neowin.net/news/google-prom ... ia-in-2021
W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11