Google Stadia

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Re: Google Stadia

Post by shadow »

jpr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:13 pm I'll try it out, see what's what. I remain sceptical about game streaming in general, but willing to keep an open mind :-k

Still a bit confused about the pricing model, plans, what happens to games that are bought, etc. Hmm.
The only real pricing model is 1080p is free, 4K is Pro and $10 a month including some free games. Otherwise you buy the games just like you would on any digital service.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

I see. Simpler than I thought - so essentially the Pro plan is to get 4K and HDR (and the occasional free game of dubious value - probably) :-k
No sig due to budget cuts.
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

If you're going to stream Cyberpunk 2077, GeForce NOW looks the most attractive option tbh:

https://www.engadget.com/cyberpunk-2077 ... 00165.html

The lack of RT on Stadia is the major downer IMHO (at least for this specific game).
Libera te tutemet ex inferis
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

Sigh, getting hard to keep track of all services..!

GeForce NOW looks like a more attractive offer (I like that you can play already owned games), but has even worse worldwide availability than Stadia :o :roll:

For Stadia I guess I'll just check out theTrial, and see how it goes. But I'd rather not have yet another game library - especially considering Google's amazing track record of keeping products alive for a long time =;
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

jpr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:11 pm For Stadia I guess I'll just check out theTrial, and see how it goes. But I'd rather not have yet another game library - especially considering Google's amazing track record of keeping products alive for a long time =;
I hear ya but when they just announced they've got 400 more games coming in the next couple years from 200 devs I'm not really worried.

Though personally I'd sooner use xCloud once they're rendering from XSX boxes instead of X1S, that might be a while yet.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

jpr wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:11 pm(...) but has even worse worldwide availability than Stadia (...)
Actually seems to be available everywhere, despite not having country-specific page for all locations. I shall investigate :-s
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!
Ubisoft+ is now available for Google Stadia users for $14.99 per month
You don't need a Stadia Pro account to get access to Ubisoft's newest titles

https://www.techspot.com/news/87965-ubi ... month.html
W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

impar wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:10 am Greetings!
Ubisoft+ is now available for Google Stadia users for $14.99 per month
You don't need a Stadia Pro account to get access to Ubisoft's newest titles

https://www.techspot.com/news/87965-ubi ... month.html
Subscriptions, subscriptions everywhere... #-o

I hope this model crashes and burns.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Tabajara wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:21 pm Subscriptions, subscriptions everywhere... #-o

Still love Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and it includes the EA Play sub now with no extra charge. I'd say none of my other subs have ever done this much for me (except maybe back when Netflix was the only video sub that mattered.)
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

shadow wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:30 pm
Tabajara wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:21 pm Subscriptions, subscriptions everywhere... #-o

Still love Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and it includes the EA Play sub now with no extra charge. I'd say none of my other subs have ever done this much for me (except maybe back when Netflix was the only video sub that mattered.)
Game Pass makes sense the same way PS+ does, it gives you a game library on the cheap. What doesn't is a subscription for every studio. MS and Sony own several studios and have games from other studios as well.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet: