Saints Row IV

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Saints Row IV

Post by thegrommit » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 pm

It's been a few months and nobody else was interested in this game? Heathens!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08 ... ts-row-iv/
I think I can sell Saints Row IV to you in one anecdote:

I am driving from having killed a bunch of aliens using super-powered foot-stomps, toward a nuclear facility, with old comrade Pierce in the passenger seat. He finds Biz Markie’s Just A Friend on the radio, and we both start singing along in Biz-style tuneless joy. This isn’t a cutscene. I’m in control. I’m running over pedestrians who fuzz in and out of perfect rendering and blocky pixels, as the city similarly frizzles around me, its cybernetic origins revealing themselves. It’s an amazing moment. When we’re interrupted by the omnipresent voice of our alien overlord enemy, who’s now singing along too, and… I changed my mind. I’m not going to spoil it. You find out. So I get out of the car and throw it at a building using the power of my mind.

Saints Row IV is an enormous, elaborate pile of fun, that somehow begins with the madness where the last game left off, and goes further forward into the crazy from there
Water cooled clay

jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Saints Row IV

Post by jpr » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 am

thegrommit wrote:It's been a few months and nobody else was interested in this game? Heathens!
I got way too much games to play right now (and not nearly enough free time...), but I intend to eventually get it - loved Saint's Row The Third :)
(...) with old comrade Pierce in the passenger seat. He finds Biz Markie’s Just A Friend on the radio, and we both start singing along in Biz-style tuneless joy. This isn’t a cutscene. I’m in control. (...)
Somthing similars happen in SR3, with Sublime's What I Got. They even get the lyrics wrong at one point :lol:
For me, that was indeed the point where I knew this was a great game |xox|
No sig due to budget cuts.

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm

jpr wrote: Somthing similars happen in SR3, with Sublime's What I Got. They even get the lyrics wrong at one point :lol:
For me, that was indeed the point where I knew this was a great game |xox|
Yep, Pierce references that as their "thing" while they're doing it in this game too.

One of my favourite things from SR IV is their making fun of the loyalty/romance elements from the Mass Effect series. I'll leave it to you to discover rather than spoil it though.
Water cooled clay

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 pm

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12 ... w-musical/

If there's one thing the Saints Row developers do well, it's OTT promotional videos. :mrgreen:
Water cooled clay

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Gat out of Hell has been released, along with a Top Gear themed video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mROhr6CtjWQ

I wonder how many fines they incurred for holding up traffic =D>
Water cooled clay

TedTS
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by TedTS » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:38 pm

I want one! 8-O
i7 4700HQ | 8GB DDR3L-1600 | GT740M-2GB 1188/2000 | 64GB SSD+160GB HDD | 32"LG | G403 | KG805 | HD681▐ G4560 | 8GB DDR4-2133 | R9 380-4GB | 320GB HDD | 32''Samsung | Steelseries Rival100 | Thor 300TKL

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:47 am

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/0 ... ee-on-gog/
Some Saints games have been on GOG for ages but now the lineup is complete with the addition of Saints Row 4 (the one where you’re the President of the USA) and Gat out of Hell (the one in Hell). To mark this Saint-o-rama, Saints Row 2 (possibly still my favourite Saints Row) is free for 48 hours. And folks who own Saints Row games on Steam can add them to their GOG account to get DRM-free versions. GOG are holding a sale too.
Water cooled clay

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:55 pm

I have Saints Row II in my library, but never got round to playing it due to the reported bugginess. It seems that might be remedied at some point:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... ky-pc-port
Volition has now pledged to significantly improve Saints Row 2's original PC port. According to Watson and programmer Thomas Jepp, the two-man team in charge of the project, the new version will improve performance and stability, integrate Steam networking for co-op and multiplayer (previously, the game relied on the now-defunct GameSpy middleware), and add the Corporate Warfare and Ultor Exposed DLC previously only available on consoles.
Water cooled clay

shadow
nLightened
nLightened

Post by shadow » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:52 pm

2 was buggy on every platform I'm aware of.
This planet ain't big enough for the both of us!