Tom Clancy's: The Division

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Re: Tom Clancy's: The Division

Post by shadow »

Man I hope I get more 40 uniques, the preorder shotgun is alright but Emelines Guard and Swap Chain are just kinda dumb.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

shadow wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:04 pm Man I hope I get more 40 uniques, the preorder shotgun is alright but Emelines Guard and Swap Chain are just kinda dumb.
FWIW, the expansion added a load of new named weapons. The "Carnage" LMG is a lot of fun, as are some of the named AR's.

I finished the campaign and enjoyed it. The new map is cool, with lots of little things to discover, and much more open control points. Difficulty is a little harder than the original game as the enemies have new toys too. There are a lot of small bugs that need fixing, but the developers seem aware of them.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

I wish I could’ve kept on the Pyromaniac o.o

I’m still not as into this game as I thought I would be. It’s fun, but it drags everything out.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Lots of great advice in this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/co ... ct_dc_and/

The first third provides context, so just skip to the "Strategy/Tactics" section for the advice. He also lays out some suggested builds of different types.

TL;DR - stop playing the game the same way you did before TU8.
Water cooled clay
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

I've been debating about posting this, and where, but it deserves a read:

https://kotaku.com/the-doctor-the-disea ... 1843046712
The irony isn’t lost on me. Here I am, a physician in a time of pestilence, spending my few free hours playing a game set in a fictional America torn apart by plague. I first picked up the franchise out of a morbid curiosity a few years ago, after learning the first Division game was set in Manhattan.
Warning: it's a really heavy read :(
Water cooled clay
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Finished the manhunt mission against Jupiter. That was well done =D>

The new mechanic was interesting to play, and I liked how the level was remixed to make it feel fresh. I hope they do something similar for the next seasons target.
Water cooled clay
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

PSA - the first game is free on PC until September 7th: https://register.ubisoft.com/the-division/en-US

Ubisoft will also be providing details of the new "Skyscraper" mode for the second game tomorrow.
Water cooled clay
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!
thegrommit wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:04 am I've been debating about posting this, and where, but it deserves a read:

The irony isn’t lost on me. Here I am, a physician in a time of pestilence, spending my few free hours playing a game set in a fictional America torn apart by plague. I first picked up the franchise out of a morbid curiosity a few years ago, after learning the first Division game was set in Manhattan.
Dont know about you guys, but this Covid19 situation really screwed my time perception on 2020.
I could have swore I read the quoted article a month or so ago, its from April... :|
And we are already in September... 8-O
W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

impar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:54 am Greetings!
thegrommit wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:04 am I've been debating about posting this, and where, but it deserves a read:

Dont know about you guys, but this Covid19 situation really screwed my time perception on 2020.
I could have swore I read the quoted article a month or so ago, its from April... :|
And we are already in September... 8-O
Yeah, it's been a weird year in that sense (and so many others).
Water cooled clay
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

For those of you wanting a change of pace, the "Golden Bullet" global event that started yesterday is a lot of fun:
  • One member of a hostile fireteam will get (approx. every 10s) an Icon over its head that is charging up.
  • Once it is fully charged that NPC has the so-called “golden bullet” that will deal a ton of damage.
  • So once that NPC has that golden bullet it should not hit you, because it will be brutal.
  • If you can kill the NPC with the golden bullet (loading or fully charged), that buff is transferred to you and you get the golden bullet buff for 3-5 Seconds.
    • Instant reload
    • Damage buff
    • Rate of fire increase
    • When you kill an NPC during that time, the buff is refreshed.
It's very satisfying to chain together a series of kills and refresh the buff :mrgreen:
Water cooled clay