Tom Clancy's: The Division

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Re: Tom Clancy's: The Division

Post by thegrommit »

shadow wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:27 pm Nah it's all good. I prefer soloing (I'm used to it, but mainly I don't like headphones.)

And this game really doesn't like solo players. I'm probably done for a while.
It's entirely possible to complete all of the missions and side missions solo, it just requires a patient approach and use of cover.

If you find yourself getting stuck, use "call for backup" to get someone to join your session. People who respond to those calls earn XP towards a shepherd rank. You also earn a commendation and arm patch for endorsing someone for their help (once they've earned enough XP with you). No need to use headphones - I've often communicated through chat or emotes.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

It was easy to solo until I got to tier 5. And I hate all these missions that require you to kill everything else before the boss dude, because that is obnoxious as ****.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

shadow wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:20 am It was easy to solo until I got to tier 5. And I hate all these missions that require you to kill everything else before the boss dude, because that is obnoxious as ****.
So you're running the Black Tusk missions? Equipping gear mods with explosive resistance will make your day a lot easier. If survivability is the issue, a chest piece with Unbreakable can be a life saver, though you'll need a lot of blue attributes.
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

thegrommit wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 am So you're running the Black Tusk missions? Equipping gear mods with explosive resistance will make your day a lot easier. If survivability is the issue, a chest piece with Unbreakable can be a life saver, though you'll need a lot of blue attributes.
actually was trying to finish Kenley College, but this is the second time I've given up on it. Probably won't be a third.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

shadow wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:47 am
thegrommit wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 am So you're running the Black Tusk missions? Equipping gear mods with explosive resistance will make your day a lot easier. If survivability is the issue, a chest piece with Unbreakable can be a life saver, though you'll need a lot of blue attributes.
actually was trying to finish Kenley College, but this is the second time I've given up on it. Probably won't be a third.
Ah yeah, that is a real bear. Seeker mines, stinger hive, flame turret, gun turret (placed out of harms way) and incendiary ammo are your friends there. A mask with creeping death and a gun that applies a status effect can also be useful for crowd control.
Water cooled clay
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Episode 3 trailer looks good - educated guesses suggest it's coming next Tuesday.

This will be the final year one "freebie" other than the (delayed) second raid. No news on the second year yet, but we know a big gear revamp is coming with "new things to play".
Water cooled clay
thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

Episode 3 is coming out tomorrow for people with the Year One pass.

Also, Year Two expansion looks great - and is coming out on March 3rd 8-O

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-ca/game/the- ... n-overview

Story trailer
Water cooled clay
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

It's so hard to hook up with my friend for coop anymore o.o Partly because he's obsessed with Elder Scrolls Online and I am...not.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit »

The base game is currently on sale for US$3/CAD$4 (not sure about Europe) on the Ubi store

If you're interested in playing together, use this link to get some additional cosmetics:

https://thedivision2.com/referral?refid ... I7sAn6ceUw

@jpr - I sent you an invite as you are on uplay already, but don't own the game.
Water cooled clay