Tom Clancy's: The Division

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Re: Tom Clancy's: The Division

Post by thegrommit » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 am

Episode 2 for Division 2 is coming out on the 15th, and includes a boat load of changes:

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/ ... -2-content

The biggest is a revamp of the gear system to support wider build diversity, along with a bunch of quality of life improvements. I had a go on their Public Test Server, and was impressed.

There is also a free weekend starting October 17th if you want to try it out.
Water cooled clay

shadow
nLightened
nLightened

Post by shadow » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:35 am

We tried to make it to Tier 5 (me and a friend) but only got about halfway this time. It's not very exciting replaying stuff and there's plenty else to do these days.

I'm not entirely done with the game, but nor do I really go back to it regularly.
This planet ain't big enough for the both of us!

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:40 am

shadow wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:35 am
We tried to make it to Tier 5 (me and a friend) but only got about halfway this time. It's not very exciting replaying stuff and there's plenty else to do these days.

I'm not entirely done with the game, but nor do I really go back to it regularly.
Ah, you really should get into Tier 5 as that is a prerequisite for the new missions - currently Manning National Zoo & Camp White Oak. That will be followed by the missions in the Pentagon. It also gets you access to the first raid.

But yeah, unless you're into putting together different builds and improving them, it may not be a game to stick with. They made the mistake of spacing new content months apart instead of releasing individual missions more frequently.
Water cooled clay

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:55 am

shadow wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:35 am
We tried to make it to Tier 5 (me and a friend) but only got about halfway this time. It's not very exciting replaying stuff
I just realized - are you replaying *all* of the missions to get through the world tiers? You don't need to do that. Just clear each of the strongholds (and associated prerequisites) once. Clearing a single stronghold will advance you to the next tier.

If you want a shortcut to getting higher level gear, join a session with me, and I can drop any gear I find for you. That'll make it a lot easier for you to get through the strongholds. My nick on uplay is "dagrommit".
Water cooled clay

shadow
nLightened
nLightened

Post by shadow » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:54 am

Last I loaded it up I didn't even remember what I was supposed to do next heh!

But thanks. My focus is split between way too many FPSes right now so give me a bit.

thegrommit
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by thegrommit » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:41 pm

shadow wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:54 am
Last I loaded it up I didn't even remember what I was supposed to do next heh!

But thanks. My focus is split between way too many FPSes right now so give me a bit.
No worries. When you're ready, post your uplay name so I know it's not some rando sending me a friend request.
Water cooled clay

shadow
nLightened
nLightened

Post by shadow » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:01 pm

I actually have max level gear for my tier, so no worries about that. I'll try to hit tier 4 today. It's my day off and I can't honestly say I have better things to do....just mostly stomping around in a Borderlands 3 mech last night.

dwLostCat is me heh :)