Cyberpunk 2077

Computer & console games and gaming gear

Moderator: Moderators

impar

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by impar »

Greetings!
Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.2 patch promises to tone down omniscient teleporting cops and pinball driving
The studio is aiming to release the patch in ‘the second half of March’

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/19/2234 ... ing-issues
W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

So I've been playing the game a bit more lately - It's ok I guess. Progressing a bit on the main quest/story line, it's interesting, and I can see lots of twists and choice of questionable morality presenting themselves, but so far nothing too out of the ordinary.

But the glitches and bugs. So many of them.
Enemies going through solid walls. Scripted events (I guess?) not happening as they should.
Impossible to interact with object/NPCs that are right in the crosshair (but instead picking up objects that are on the side - possibly related to 21:9 aspect ratio?). Dead bodies still talking.

Amazing.
No sig due to budget cuts.
shadow
nForced²
nForced²

Post by shadow »

Can't say I've seen any of that on 1.1 on PC. Huh.

I'm stuck on (what I think is) a late game boss fight that I'm just not enjoying trying to win, maybe I can lower the difficulty or something.
Good ol USA, where you worry more about being killed by the police than anyone else...but that could happen too.
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

Libera te tutemet ex inferis
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

That changelog is massive 8-O

Glad that the dead will finally stay dead, and the ridiculous "T-posing" is gone.
But it still feels very difficult to pick up some items, for some reason (as in you see the icon, get close and point to it, but there's no prompt to pick it up. Aiming in random, nearby areas does the trick most of the time).

What I would really like to see (but I'm sure it's a much bigger overhaul, not a "simple patch") would be proper faction support - right now there is a bunch of gangs and corporations, but there seem to be no "memory" of whatever interactions happen. Would have been nice to have a reputation system affecting what quests you can get, allies, etc.
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

jpr wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:35 pm What I would really like to see (but I'm sure it's a much bigger overhaul, not a "simple patch") would be proper faction support - right now there is a bunch of gangs and corporations, but there seem to be no "memory" of whatever interactions happen. Would have been nice to have a reputation system affecting what quests you can get, allies, etc.
The world of cyberpunk is all about this, about street reputation. The game should have been about this as well.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet:
impar

Post by impar »

Greetings!
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Plan ‘Reconsidered’ by CD Projekt RED

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-mul ... ojekt-red/
W10x64 - B450 - R5 3600 - 16GB - RX 5700 - 1TB - 4TB - 24" 16:10 - 650W

This war is nothing but graphs of production intersecting...
General Groves, in Uber Invasion #11
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

TL;DR - Slightly better on the last gen consoles, still many crashes though etc.
jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Post by jpr »

Done with the main quest! Mixed feelings really, on one hand I think there's a great game hiding in there, on the other hand it feels "unfinished", to say the least.

I might go back to it to try out the other endings, if it's not too much work. I managed to get ~60h out of it, but I still have a few side-quests to do, besides all the other small jobs around the city. I suppose I could get 15-20h more if trying to complete everything :-k

Despite everything, I would recommend it - the story has some interesting twists, and the choices made during the game somewhat influence the last chapter. Maybe wait for a sale and another round of patches though.