GPU Marketshare Update

Computer Hardware & Technology, Overclocking, Case Mods, Cooling

Moderator: Moderators

jpr
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GPU Marketshare Update

Post by jpr »

I'm not saying crypto had no part in the excess demand, just that I would be very surprised if that's the majority of it - I don't think we'll ever know for sure though.

I'd speculate that "everyone" working from home (plus people in lockdown having more time to play games) would most like be the bulk of this excess demand. Lots of gamers ("small potatoes" as they may be) skipped the previous generation of nVidia GPUs, as well :-k
No sig due to budget cuts.
powerarmour
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post by powerarmour »

I think most of AMD's customers want a competitive GPU but they also want it cheap.
Once the prices of their products started to shoot past the Nvidia equivalents I reckon the loyalty cheques ran out...
Libera te tutemet ex inferis
Tabajara
Ultra nForced
Ultra nForced

Post by Tabajara »

powerarmour wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:56 am I think most of AMD's customers want a competitive GPU but they also want it cheap.
Once the prices of their products started to shoot past the Nvidia equivalents I reckon the loyalty cheques ran out...
If they aren't the cheapest or best option, what can a gamer do? The reality is that Nvidia hardware tends to be more stable and less noisy. AMD is like the not so attractive friend, it has to do something special to give itself an advantage. But, then again, if AMD sells everything it makes, there's no point in trying to please the costumer instead of the shareholder.
Come put your overclock into good use at the nforcersHQ [email protected] team! :sweet: